Melbourne’s Flinders Lane was once the heart of the ‘rag trade’. Embracing this tradition, and with a family history of fashion, Tessuti Fabrics have arrived in Melbourne.
Located in the upper ground floor of 141 Flinders Lane (with the well-known button and needle sign so you know you are just where you should be) the store embraces the European Atelier style with cavernous space, plenty of natural light, the delightful antiquity of cast iron radiators gently heating the space, polished concrete floors and fabric. Fabric, fabric, fabric. Missoni, Armani, Chanel to name just a few; then there are the local designer ends too.
Tessuti have stocked the store with fabrics to drool over, fabrics for someone else to drool over; perky Japanese pattern books, notions, threads, stands of zips, linings and a wonderful refectory table complete with pews and baskets of European and Australian magazines to pour over whilst deciding just what to buy.
Open seven days a week, this shop builds on the tradition of fine fabric, stunning designs and amazing spaces all located in this the ‘smart and funky’ Flinders Lane.
Upper Ground Floor, 141 Flinders Lane
Phone | 03 9654 4566
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Melbourne Trading Hours
Monday - Friday: 10am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Sunday: 11am - 4pm
Melbourne Fabric Shop
Fabrics At Melbourne
Tessuti stocks the following types of fabrics and textiles, all of which are available in an impressive range of colours and prints:
- 100% silk satins, chiffon, georgette, organza, crepe de chine, raw, habutai, twill, duppion, taffeta, tulle, duchess and jersey
- 100% silk – plain, printed, burnout , embroidered and beaded
- silk blends – voile, burnout and velvet
- silk/lycra satins – plain and printed
- 100% cotton – japanese, novelty, voile and textured plains and printed printed
- 100% cotton – voile, organdy, muslin, calico, drill, denim, stretch, corduroy, shirting and knits
- 100% wool – knits, lace, suiting, boiled, voile, georgette, coating, crepe, twill, tweeds, boucle` and herringbone
- coatings – wool, angora, mohair , cashmere and viscose blends
- 100% viscose – plain and printed knits, satin backed, georgette, and suiting
- 100% linen and linen/silk blends – plain, printed , knits and suiting
- tulle plain and fancy – silk, nylon and polyester
- jersey knits – wool, cotton, viscose, silk, poly, nylon, modal, bamboo and lycra
- metal blends – organza, brocades, plains and taffeta
- fancy lace and beaded trims
- French and Japanese trims
- imported buttons and accessories
- 100% rayon and acetate, plain and fancy linings